Starfield, the highly anticipated space exploration game, boasts a sprawling universe with multiple solar systems and planets ripe for exploration. Yet, the sheer scale of this virtual cosmos can make traversing it a daunting task for even the most dedicated gamers. To help you navigate this galaxy, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide on the various methods of fast travel available in Starfield.
Understanding the various fast travel methods in Starfield is crucial as you embark on your journey across numerous star systems and planets within the vast galaxy. With a multitude of destinations to explore, it’s essential to be aware of the available fast travel options and the considerations that come with using them. In this guide, we’ll explore the different methods you can utilize in the game.
Starfield Fast Travel Missions
Starfield offers two primary modes of fast travel, the first of which involves local planet jumps. This method is ideal for swiftly navigating the surface of a planet or moon within a star system. Here’s how it works:
- Accessing the Map: To initiate fast travel, open the in-game menu and locate the map option, typically found in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Solar System Map: When you’re inside your spaceship, press the ‘M’ key on your keyboard to open the solar system map.
- Selecting a Destination: Using the ‘Tab’ key, zoom out from the solar system map until you can view the specific planets within that system.
- Choosing a Landmark: The initial map view displays general points of interest, such as landmarks, landing areas, and your spaceship’s location. Simply select your desired destination.
- Setting a Course: Confirm your selection by pressing ‘X,’ which sets your ship’s course towards the chosen destination.
- Completion of Travel: Your ship will then automatically initiate fast travel to the selected planet. Upon arrival, press ‘F’ to activate your scanner, point it at your ship’s landmark, and press ‘E’ to complete the fast-travel process.
Note: Keep in mind that local planet jumps won’t function if you’re engaged in combat, carrying an excessive load (over-encumbered), or currently located inside another facility or area. You can also open the mission menu by pressing “L” and setting a course by pressing “R” to directly show you a path to travel. You can then jump by holding the “X” button. For Xbox players, you can check the button at the bottom of the screen while visiting the menu mentioned above.
Fast Travel Star System
The second method of fast travel in Starfield is more far-reaching, allowing you to hop between entire star systems. Here’s how it works:
- Accessing the Map: As with local planet jumps, access the map from the in-game menu.
- Galaxy View: Zoom out from the map until you reach the galaxy view, also known as the star map. This view enables you to select a different star system to travel to.
- Path Discovery: It’s crucial to note that you can only fast-travel directly to a star system if you’ve previously discovered the connecting path or node.
- Initiating Fast Travel: Press ‘F’ to open your scanner, point it at one of the landmarks on the star map and select it as your destination.
- Planet-Specific Travel: If you’re in orbit around a planet and wish to fast-travel to a specific landmark on that planet, click on the planet itself. Hovering over it will reveal all the previously discovered landmarks. Select your desired location and commence landing by holding ‘X.’ Finally, press ‘E’ to complete the fast-travel process.
- How To Unlock The Power
- Steal And Sell Spaceship
- How To Get Into Relationships and Marriages
- How To Use Digipick Like A Pro In Starfield
- How To Use Boostpack After Equipping It?
- How To Smuggle And Sell Contraband Items
- How To Get Star Eagle Starship
- Whom To Sell Survey Data For More Profit?
- Legendary Suit And Starship Location (Mantis)