Metroid Dread is an action-adventure platform game developed by Nintendo, Mercury Steam, Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development. At the beginning of the game, you have to parry an EMMI attack and slide between its legs and evade it till you get the omega canon.
Once you use the omega cannon to destroy the first EMMI, it will change into normal canons and after that, you have to destroy the central unit to again get the power of the omega canon.
Escaping from the 2nd EMMI can be quite hard and you might miss a way if the EMMI’s been chasing you. Below you will find how to escape from the 2nd EMMI and get the omega cannon to destroy it.
Metroid Dread How To Escape The 2nd EMMI
The 2nd EMMI will chase you four times till you completely escape from it and obtain the omega cannon to destroy it. The first two times while he is chasing you, it won’t be difficult for you to escape. You just need to follow the pathway.
The third time when you will be out of the water and he starts chasing you, you need to quickly evade him and go to the interactive device. When you stand on the device, the water starts gushing out, which will raise a platform.
Once the water is filled, go upwards from the left side and slide from the hole, and then jump down from the right side. As now the water has lifted up the platform, you will be able to side down the pipe and escape the 2nd EMMI.
Metroid Dread How To Counter EMMI
On your first encounter with EMMI at the beginning of the game, you get a tutorial on how to counter EMMI. You can counter it by pressing the “X” button when it was about to attack and there is a flash for a second. After that, every EMMI we have encountered has successfully killed us and we haven’t been able to counter him since the flash doesn’t seem to happen before it attacks. There is a very rare chance that you might correctly press the X button and counter the EMMI. Once the EMMI is countered he will be stunned for few seconds and you can slide between its legs and evade it.
Metroid Dread How To Destroy The 2nd EMMI
To defeat the 2nd EMMI you need to first obtain the Omega cannon, check out our previous guide on how to defeat the first boss and obtain the Omega cannon. Once you get the omega cannon, use the omega stream on the EMMI head. Aim the Omega cannon using the L button and press Y to hit the Omega stream.
Hitting its head with the Omega stream will heat up its shielding. Overheating the shield will shatter it up and expose the core. Hit the core with the Omega blaster to destroy the second EMMI. To use the Omega blaster, aim the cannon with the L button and hold the R button to charge it up.
Check out some of our other guides
- How To Defeat The Second Boss Corpius
- Stuck Between Dairon & Cataris Locate the Way
- Where To Go After Getting Phantom Cloak
- After Wide Beam, Cataris Central Unit,& Destroy 3rd EMMI
- Where To Go After Getting Morph Ball Ability & How To Get It
- Where To Go After Getting Speed Booster & Grapple Beam
- How To Use Shinespark & Super Sonic Speed
- Stuck In Ferenia After Defeating Chozo Soldier
- How To Defeat Chozo Soldier
- Where To Go After Getting Spin Boost
- How To Destroy The Blue EMMI
- How To Destroy The Fire Plants
- Where To Go After Getting Space Jump & Softlock
- After Ghavoran Stuck In Ferenia How To Defeat Boss Escue
- Where To Go After Getting Gravity Suit
- How To Defeat Experiment Z-57
- Stuck in Burenia & Gravity Suit Location
- How To Escape The Purple EMMI & Destroy Purple EMMI
- Stuck After Getting Power Bomb & How To Reach The Fortress In Sky
- Where To Go After Getting Cross Bomb
- All Suits, Beams, Missile, Morph Ball Bomb, Misc & Aeion Ability List
- Where to Go After Screw Attack
- How To Destroy Blue & Yellow Blocks
- How To Defeat The Underwater Boss Drogyga In Burenia
- How To Open Green Light Door & Find Flashing Secrets In Map