Metroid Dread is an action-adventure platform game developed by Nintendo, Mercury Steam, Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development. Corpius is the second boss you will encounter in the Artaria area. The boss has a sting like a scorpion that it uses to attack which you need to evade.
There is a trick using which you can defeat the boss easily, you need to read its attack pattern and evade accordingly. Without these tips defeating the boss can be difficult as each attack depletes around 30 suit energy. Below you will find a guide to some useful tips to defeat the boss easily.
Metroid Dread How To Defeat The 2nd Boss Corpius & Get Cube
Before reaching the boss you will come across a door that is being guarded by an enemy with a shield. You need to get close to the enemy for it to attack you and expose its eye. You can also parry the enemy attack to deal more damage and destroy it easily.
To defeat Corpius you need to aim for its head and hit it with charged beam or rockets. While doing so you need to dodge its tail. Try to destroy the poison smoke he throws at you in the air using your normal beam attack to obtain rockets and energy.
Once you deal enough damage to the boss, he will turn invisible exposing the core of the tail that you can damage by a normal beam attack. You can dodge its tail and use the free aim to attack the core. After dealing enough damage he will show your back towards you.
When the boss shows its back, you can slide under the boss but be careful just you are about to reach the head side, he will attack you with its tail and there will be a flash. Quickly press the X button to parry the boss attack. After parrying you will get a chance to deal massive damage using your rockets. Make sure you have enough rockets available to deal massive damage after parrying his attack.
The boss will show its back 2-3 times depending on how much damage you have done. You have to parry his tail attack every time while sliding under him to deal massive damage and defeat him easily. Without parrying the tail attack after sliding it will be difficult to defeat him. Once you defeat him you will get the phantom cloak ability using which you can pass through the door that closes automatically when you get near.
Check out some of our other guides
- How To Reach The Central Unit & Defeat First Boss
- How To Escape The 2nd EMMI & Destroy The EMMI
- Stuck Between Dairon & Cataris Locate the Way
- Where To Go After Getting Phantom Cloak
- After Wide Beam, Cataris Central Unit,& Destroy 3rd EMMI
- Where To Go After Getting Morph Ball Ability & How To Get It
- Where To Go After Getting Speed Booster & Grapple Beam
- How To Use Shinespark & Super Sonic Speed
- Stuck In Ferenia After Defeating Chozo Soldier
- How To Defeat Chozo Soldier
- Where To Go After Getting Spin Boost
- How To Destroy The Blue EMMI
- How To Destroy The Fire Plants
- Where To Go After Getting Space Jump & Softlock
- After Ghavoran Stuck In Ferenia How To Defeat Boss Escue
- Where To Go After Getting Gravity Suit
- How To Defeat Experiment Z-57
- Stuck in Burenia & Gravity Suit Location
- How To Escape The Purple EMMI & Destroy Purple EMMI
- Stuck After Getting Power Bomb & How To Reach The Fortress In Sky
- Where To Go After Getting Cross Bomb
- All Suits, Beams, Missile, Morph Ball Bomb, Misc & Aeion Ability List
- Where to Go After Screw Attack
- How To Destroy Blue & Yellow Blocks
- How To Defeat The Underwater Boss Drogyga In Burenia
- How To Open Green Light Door & Find Flashing Secrets In Map