Mafia Definitive Edition is an action-adventure battle between gangs in early 20th century developed Hangar 13. This is the upgraded version of the game Mafia 1 that released on August 2002. With improved graphics, and gameplay the city looks beautiful. If you facing any isse while playing this game below are few of the fixes which might help you. Still if your problem is not fixed, it might get fixed in upcoming patches or updates.
Mafia Definitive Edition Unlock FPS & Crash Fix
Unlock FPS + Refresh Rate
- Turn VSync off in display settings to unlock the fps.
- Disable fullscreen optimizations on the main exe file to unlock refresh rate (Steam>steamapps>common>Mafia Definitive Edition>mafiadefinitiveedition.exe).
- If ^ doesn’t work then turn off fullscreen and change to windowed, then turn borders off to get fullscreen borderless mode.
Note: Many of the graphical settings in my personal experience required a restart or even 2 to even have it take effect in my experience.
- To fix the crash on startup launch the game using “mafiadefinitiveedition.exe” located in the folder stated previously which will bypass the launcher, once in-game disable the launcher.
- Another potential crashing solution for some people is to go to the steam game properties and disable the steam overlay (Also it is worth trying to remove other monitoring programs or overlays such as GeForce Experience if the issue persists).
- Missing DLL files can cause in-game errors and crashes, so you could try to reinstall DirectX.
- In rare cases, you might need to set an exclusion for this game on some antivirus software or even windows virus protection.
- Running “mafiadefinitiveedition.exe” as an administrator by going to properties>compatibility>run as administrator could help some people running into issues.
- Turn off Motion Blur, DOF, and put Anti-Aliasing on Low if you want to improve the clarity.
- If you have the NVIDIA overlay you can also use Alt+F3 to try to use filters such as sharpening to make things crisper.
Credits – ZeRo シ
Mafia Definitive Edition Skip Intro
- Go to steam\steamapps\common\Mafia Definitive Edition\sds_retail\video
- Go to “Mafia Definitive Edition\sds_retail\video”
- Backup “_logo_2k_h13_bullet.bik”
- Create a copy of “cine_black_video.bik”
- Rename this copy to “_logo_2k_h13_bullet.bik”
Credits – 0x90
Mafia Definitive Edition Reduce Size By Removing Other Language
As expected, MAFIA – DE will install audio files of ALL supported languages.
By following these simple steps u can free 8+ GB of disk space.
1. Go to the audio packages folder of MAFIA – DE:
…/steam/steamapps/Mafia Definitive Edition/edit/audio/packages
Here u will find the language packs (“german”, “english(US”), “french(france)” etc.)
In the release version u will find 7 language packs.
2. Delete the audio packs u don’t need.
I only need the German – audio pack, so I deleted “english(US)”, “french(france)”,”italian” etc.
Updates may restore these files.
So be sure 2 delete them again after the game was updated.