Finally after many years of requests from PS4 Owners sony has finally given players the option to change their PSN ID which is definitely great news.
But as it is a new options players are unaware of how does the PSN ID change work and how to use them. so below you will find a guide on how to do it easily.
The first PSN ID change option is free and onward from second changes there will be a cost of $9.99 USD/CAD and $4.99 for PlayStation Plus members. similarly, in euro-region, it will cost £7.99/€9.99 and £3.99/€4.99 for PlayStation Plus members.
How To Change PSN ID
- First, go to your PS4 settings
- Then Select Account Management
- Then Account Information
- Then Profile
- And finally Online ID
- Now you will be able to enter the online ID you want or just select an ID from the suggestion menu.
- Now just confirm it and you will be able to see the changes.
How To Change from Web Browser
- First, log into your PlayStation Network Account
- Then select PSN Profile in the menu.
- Select the Edit Button located next to the Online ID.
- Here you need to enter the Online ID you want or just select an ID from the suggestion menu.
- Now confirm it and you will get the changes
Problems with Changing PSN ID
The new feature is certainly one of the most wanted features but since it is new, there might be some problems you might face with it which Sony has highlighted in their Blog.
- Your previous online ID may remain visible to you and other players in some areas.
- Some games and applications may not function properly both online and offline.
- You may lose in-game progress which includes saved data, leaderboard data, and progress towards trophies.
- You may lose access to content that you have like virtual currency and add ons.
If you are worried about getting this problem then you can check the list of tested games provided sony. the list contains games with no issue, games with issue and more.