Red Dead Redemption 2 has been released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One by the popular company Rockstar Games and Studios. it will follow the story of Arthur Morgan and outlaw of Dutch Van der Linde gang.
The latest game will bring many old and new features like hunting and fishing. you will also be able to obtain new weapons, skills and perk to make Arthur powerful. furthermore, the massive map of the game contains over 100 hours of gameplay.
How To Increase Honor Level/Perk Details In Red Dead Redemption 2
The game comes with many different mechanics which you need to learn about like dead eye, stamina and one of the most important the Honor level.
By increasing Honor level you will be able to unlock many different types of clothing, discount at all stores ranging from 10% to 50% and much more.
You can keep track of your honor level by pressing the down direction and then check the bar at the bottom of the screen. if your bar is on the red side then it means you are dishonorable and if it is on the white side then it means you are honorable.
Below you will find a guide on how to increase the honor level and the different perks which you can get on different levels.
Increasing Honor Level In Red Dead Redemption 2
Donate At Tithing Box of the base camp – you can donate some amount of money to the tithing box in the camp. but note that you won’t always earn Honor for donating money and it is very random.
Pay off your Bounties – if you break the law you will raise the bounty on your head. to remove it you will need to pay the debts at the post office. doing this will increase your honor level.
Surrender To Authorities – if you have committed a crime and got caught by the police. then you need to stay unarmed and just surrender to them. you will need to spend a few nights in jail but doing this will give you a chance to increase honor.
Completing Bounty Hunts – bounty hunts sends you on a side mission where you need to bring down a wanted criminal. in these missions, you will need to bring down several enemies before you are able to fight the boss.
This is one of the best ways to increase honor as you can earn both honor and some money or other rewards. you can collect the bounty hunts from bounty posters present in Sheriff’s Office. you can follow the guide below to learn more about them.
Encounters – these are random events which occur around the map. they appear as a white dot on the minimap and most of these events make you help people. completing these jobs will give you a small amount of Honor.
Complete Camp Activities – while your time in camp you will meet many different members who will give you requests to complete some task. doing them will give you some amount of honor.
Killing Rats – This is not a very good way to earn Honor. but doing this will give you small amount randomly.
Do not Kill or Harm normal NPC – while progressing through the story of the game you need to avoid killing and looting normal citizen.
Show Mercy – you will encounter many situations where you can either kill or spare someone. in these situations always show mercy if you want Honor.
Daily Missions – doing daily missions will also give you some amount of Honor. the best thing about them is that they are not very long and you earn a decent amount of Honor quickly.
Main Missions – completing main story missions is by far the best way to increase honor. throughout the main story you will need to make many different decisions and if you want to earn honor then choose good and merciful decisions.
Mission Decisions Which Will give you honor
- Chapter 2 – Polite Society, Valentine Style – calm the escaped horse and bring it back to its owner.
- Chapter 2 – Polite Society, Valentine Style – Rescue the Blackwater witness hanging from the cliff.
- Chapter 2 – Polite Society, Valentine Style – While chasing the witness Arthur steals a horse. you need to bring it back to its owner.
- Chapter 2 – We loved Once and True – Accept Mary’s request to save Jamie.
- Chapter 3 – Sodom? Back to Gomorrah – Don’t blow the Safe. you need to crack it.
- Chapter 4 – Brothers and Sisters, One And All – find a small boy who will drop a crucifix. you need to bring it back to the nun.
- Chapter 6 – A Rage Unleashed – Accept to help Rain Falls.
- Chapter 6 – Archeology For Beginners – While talking to Monroe agree to help him.
- Chapter 6 – Mrs. Sadie Adler, Widow – you need to help Sadie.
- Chapter 6 – Do not Seek Absolution – help Archie and Edith (note it will only trigger when you have level 4 honor).
- Chapter 6 – The Course Of True Love – help the woman on the train and bring her to the boyfriend and then decline the jewelry payment.
- Chapter 6 – Red Dead Redemption – Don’t go back for the money.
Perks for High Honor Level In Red Dead Redemption 2
- Rank 1 – better look from corpses.
- Rank 2 – get 10% discount in all stores.
- Rank 3 – you will receive new outfits.
- Rank 4 – Access to the optional mission “Do not Seek Absolution” in chapter 6.
- Rank 5 – get 25% discount in all stores.
- Rank 6 – you will receive new outfits.
- Rank 7 – get 50% discount in all stores.
- Rank 8 – Most Honorable outlaw.
Check out more Red Dead Redemption 2 guides below