Shadow Of The Tomb Raider has been released by Publisher Square Enix and Developer Eidos Montreal. Nixxes Software, Crystal Dynamics. the new game is the twelfth iteration in the main series and would be an open world action-adventure series.
The latest game will take place in Latin America and will take players into Mayan Ruins where Lara is searching for an ancient relic connected to his late father.
All Challenge Tombs In Hidden City In Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
While progressing through the story of the game you will have to face many different puzzles which will help you get new items and skills.
The Challenge Tombs are one of the many places where you will need to solve different puzzles to complete it and gain new skills in Shadow Of The Tomb Raider.
Below you will find the location and the solution on how to solve the puzzle and complete the Challenge Tombs present in Hidden City.
Path Of The Battle Tomb In Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
Location – go to the west of The Hidden City it is near the Wild Jungle Base Camp or you can just go to the north-west of the hidden city and there you will find a cave. enter it and you will arrive in a jungle area with a waterfall.
Solution – once you enter the cave you will need to walk a few distances, then dive into the water and go through the crack on the right side. after crossing the crack go left and you will see the entrance. swim through the water and you will arrive at an underground area.
Here you will discover a new base camp Ossuary.
- After crossing the Ossuary base camp you will find a lever, push it to open the gate.
- Then follow the path on the left which is filled with three traps.
- Follow the path until you arrive at 2nd lever which you need to push to unlock the gate.
Main Puzzle – this is the giant spinning tower
- First, avoid the blades and then jump off the ramp on the left side of the spinning tower.
- Follow the path and you will arrive at the first lever of this area.
- Pull the lever and the arms on the totem will close.
- Then go back to the entrance of the room and on the left side of the entrance, you will find the 2nd lever.
- Pull it the 2nd lever and the totem height will get reduced.
- Now go on the totem platform and jump off the right platform and follow the path until the end.
- You will again reach the first lever, so pull it once more.
- Then return from the path where you come from and you will find the third lever which is on the right side of the entrance.
- Pull the third lever and the totem will stop spinning.
- Now just climb the totem to the top and you will find the statue.
- Interact with the statue and you will receive the Sip’s Quiver skill.
Skill Rewards – Sip’s Quiver, it looses up to three arrows without pulling from the quiver.
Temple Of The Sun Tomb In Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
Location – to get to this tomb, go to the south of Hidden City. in this section of the map, there is a house with a red tent. inside the house, there is a well. just dive into the well, swim to the end and you will arrive at the entrance of the tomb.
Solution – first you need to travel through the environment and reach the Temple Of The sun base camp. then just follow the path until you reach the room filled with mirrors.
Puzzle – your goal here to reach the tomb by directing the sunlight on mirrors. so there are four small mirrors and one big mirror. you will need to arrange the small mirrors.
The game already marks the mirror which is as following
- Bottom right mirror( the first mirror) is – Mirror 1
- Bottom left mirror – Mirror 2
- Top Right – Mirror 3
- Top Left – Mirror 4
- Aim Mirror 1 towards the platform present on the left side of Mirror 1.
- Then Aim Mirror 2 towards the platform present near Mirror 3.
- Arrange Mirror 1 to aim at the platform present on the right side of Mirror 1.
- Aim Mirror 3 to aim at the platform on the left side of mirror 3.
- Arrange Mirror 1 to aim at the platform on the left side of Mirror 1
- Arrange Mirror 2 to aim at the platform on the right side of mirror 2(now both 1 and 2 are shining light on the same platform)
- Arrange Mirror 1 again to aim at platform close to Mirror 4.
- Arrange Mirror 2 to aim at the platform on the left side of Mirror 2.
- Aim Mirror 4 at the middle of the platform( between mirror 3 and 4)
Now just use the platforms to reach the statue, interact with the statue and you will reach the get the Hoatzin’s Hunger.
Skill Reward – Hoatzin’s Hunger, it increases the amount of natural crafting resources obtained from each source.
Ancient Aqueduct Tomb in Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
Location – go to the east of Hidden City, it is just in front of the Temple of Kukulkan base camp. you will need to follow the path on the left and then drop down from the cliff. you will see the entrance at the foot of the mountain.
Solution – first dive into the water and follow the tunnel like path until you reach the crack. cross the crack and you will arrive at an underground area. now follow the path and you will soon arrive at the Subterranean river base camp.
Walk few distances from the base camp and you will arrive at the Working Mayan Aqueduct.
- Go down to the water and kick the raft towards the gate which has rope attachment.
- Now connect the raft and the gate with the rope arrow.
- Climb back to the top from where you came, and pull the lever. this will open the gate.
- Dive back into water, swim and you will arrive at an obstacle, you need to destroy it and then cross through the crack.
- After crossing the crack pull the lever in front of you to drain the area.
- Then destroy the obstacles on the left side and kick the raft into the room where you pulled the lever to drain the water.
- Now climb to the top again and activate the first lever you used before. it will fill the water again.
- Go back to the room with the raft and use it to climb to the other side.
- After finishing puzzle #1 follow the path all the way up and you will see another level.
- Pull it and it will break filling the area with water.
- The raft from the room below will come up so just hop on it.
- You will then see a rope attachment near the wheel on the right side, so connect the rope arrow to your raft and the wheel.
- Climb up to the wheel platform and once more connect the rope arrow with the raft and wheel.
- When the raft gets close to the platform aim up and you find a white rope anchor. connect it to the wheel. this will pull the wooden platform upward.
- Then quickly jump on the raft and climb the wall on the left, then jump on the wooden platform and enter the room, there you will find the statue.
- Interact with the statue and you will get the Jaguar’s Paw.
Skill Rewards – Jaguar’s Paw, Increase chance to knock enemies down with melee attacks.
Check out more Shadow Of The Tomb Raider guides below