Developer Bungie and Publisher Activision recently released their latest DLC Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris expansion. it came with new campaigns, new exotic weapons, armor, items and a Battlefront 2 styled controversy.
The Curse of Osiris DLC is priced at $20 players who bought the expansions wanted to try new missions and items. Bungie delivered the new contents but it also locked the previously available content Legend of Acrius exotic shotgun behind a paywall.
Yup, not the smartest move by Bungie and as expected the Destiny 2 community was not happy with the decision and the devs received massive backlash from it.
Well, today Bungie released a new statement on the issue and admitted that they made the mistake by locking the content and promised to change thinks for good below is their statement on the subject,
We’ve heard from the community that both of these plans aren’t working. The Prestige Raid was a novel experience that players value, even if they don’t own Curse of Osiris, and it was a mistake to move that experience out of reach. Throughout the lifetime of the Destiny Franchise, Trials has always required that players owned the latest Expansion. However, for Destiny 2, Trials of The Nine launched as part of the main game, so it’s not right for us to remove access to it.
To make matters worse, our team overlooked the fact that both of these mistakes disabled Trophies and Achievements for Destiny 2. This was an unacceptable lapse on our part, and we can understand the frustration it has created.
You can check out the changes which will be coming in few days in update 1.1.1
- The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
- This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
- This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.
- Trials of The Nine will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks, it will be available to all players.
- This will allow access to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
- Trials of The Nine rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
- New Seasonal Rewards that launched with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
- The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.
- This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
- Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
- Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players.
- Normal Nightfall will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks it will be available to all players.
- Time limited events – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will be made available to all players.
- We will be postponing tomorrow’s Faction Rally, to ensure all of our players can access the activity and the appropriate rewards.
- Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
- New Seasonal Rewards that launch with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.