Developer Mimimi Production and Publisher Daedalic Entertainment’s highly acclaimed game Shadow Tactics: Blades Of The Shogun is now available for PS4 and Xbox One. the game is highly stealth based and implements real time strategy during it gameplay. you can say its a modern version of both Commandos and Desperados series.
The story of the game is based on Japan’s Edo period which has been united by a new Shogun but a new warlord named Kage Sama has emerged who threaten the peace and stability of the country. Shogun appoints a Samurai named Mugen to reveal the identity of the warlord.
For this dangerous mission, Mugen team up with four agents who are skilled in fighting, infiltration, and assassination. you will control all the five characters and complete different types of mission.
The five playable characters will have different abilities and weakness and it’s up to you to combine their skill and use it wisely to progress in the game.
- Hayato a ninja can use his shuriken to kill enemies from distance and can also create distractions by tossing pebbles.
- Yuki a thief can set traps which will kill any enemies except samurais who steps on it. she can also lure guard with her flute.
- Mugen being a samurai is the only character in the game which can fight other samurais in melee fights. he can also lift heavy objects and lure enemies with a sake bottle.
- Aiko a spy can disguise herself as a priestess by stealing clothes. she can distract guards with her talks and can also use sneezing powder to reduce vision of enemies.
- Takuma a sharpshooter is equipped with guns, grenades and a tanuki which can distract enemies. as he is an old man he cannot fight melee battles.
Below is the gameplay trailer which will give an idea of what you can expect from the game
The game is very well made and has Overwhelming positive reviews and a perfect 10/10 score on steam. if you are still skeptical about the game you can play the downloadable demo available on all platforms.