Xbox One X Is In A Different League Than Other Console – Phil Spencer
Microsoft has already disrupted the console market with the official announcement of Xbox One X at E3 2017. the console is said to be the most powerful console ever made which is priced at $499 and is scheduled to launch on 7 November 2017.
Everyone is comparing the Beastly Xbox One X with Sony’s most powerful console PS4 Pro but according to Xbox Head Phil Spencer that is not the correct comparison for the new console.
In a recent interview with Eurogamer.net when Phil was questioned that whether he is worried about the rival PS4 Pro being $100 cheaper. he replied:-
I look at Pro as more of a competitor to S than I do to Xbox One X. This is a true 4K console. If you just look at the specs of what this box is, it’s in a different league than any other console that’s out there.
Phil does have a point here if you compare the specification of Xbox One X with PS4 Pro One X is certainly more powerful. in fact, it is 40% more powerful than anything on market.
Let’s take a look on it
PS4 Pro VS Xbox One X
- PS4 Pro has 2.1GHz 8-core CPU and Xbox One X has 2.3GHz 8-core CPU.
- PS4 Pro has 4.2 Teraflops GPU and Xbox One X has 6 Teraflops GPU.
- PS4 Pro has 8 GB DDR5 ram and Xbox One X has 12 GB DDR5 ram.
- PS4 Pro has Blu-ray/DVD and Xbox One X has 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive.
PS4 Pro VS Xbox One S
- PS4 Pro has 2.1GHz 8-core CPU and Xbox One S has 1.75GHz 8-core CPU.
- PS4 Pro has 4.2 Teraflops GPU and Xbox One S has AMD graphics clocked at 914MHz
- PS4 Pro has 8 GB DDR5 ram and Xbox One S has 8GB DDR3 ram.
- PS4 Pro has Blu-ray/DVD and Xbox One S has 4K/HDR Blu-ray drive.
Well there you have it, One X clearly stumps Pro when it comes to specs. but it would be interesting to see if the One X deliver what they have promised during the launch and if it can compete with Sony who is marching around with a wide range of exclusive games.
Another thing which we should keep an eye on is the VR element till now they havent shown any VR capabilties of the One X. there was a confusion recently that One X will not support VR but was later clarified by Spencer that it will support VR.